Teen, 15, arrested after £100k cannabis factory discovered in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy has been arrested after a cannabis factory with a street value of £100,000 was uncovered in the heart of the city last Friday (May 29).
Herts Police were called to a house in Breakspear Avenue at around 9.40am following reports from a member of the public that a suspected cannabis factory had been found.
Officers entered the house where they found more than 250 plants growing which are believed to be cannabis.
The plants were seized and destroyed.
DS James Twitchett from St Albans Local Crime Unit said: “Cannabis has a strong smell. We continue to gather intelligence on illegal drug misuse and so called legal highs.
You may also want to watch:
“Whilst drugs are not a major issue in St Albans we are determined to disrupt this type of crime by continuing to target those believed to be involved in the supply of drugs and related crimes across the county.”
The 15 year old boy was arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis, charged and released on bail until August 8.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 9 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 10 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
If you suspect cannabis is being grown in your neighbourhood contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or call police non-emergency number 101.