Teddy Bears' picnic to raise hospice cash
MUSIC teacher and entertainer Laura Dilworth has organised a Teddy Bears Picnic in aid of Grove House next month. She is holding the event for her favourite local charity at 11am on Sunday, August 9, at Highfield Park, St Albans. The picnic will offer pl
MUSIC teacher and entertainer Laura Dilworth has organised a Teddy Bears' Picnic in aid of Grove House next month.
She is holding the event for her favourite local charity at 11am on Sunday, August 9, at Highfield Park, St Albans.
The picnic will offer plenty of activities for children, babies and toddlers to enjoy including Laura's own dancing and singing session and a raffle.
Families coming along are invited to bring their own picnic, a blanket and a teddy for the little ones.
You may also want to watch:
The event is free and all the money from the raffle will go to Grove House. Any further donations will be warmly welcomed.
A number of local businesses have already started making donations and Pure Kitchens, the St Albans-based kitchen retailer, is sponsoring the event.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 8 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Laura (pictured right), who has worked in the entertainment industry since the age of five, said: "I started supporting cancer charities specifically when my uncle was suddenly diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumour.
"He was only young and he managed to live out his days with dignity thanks to charity funding.
"I know Grove House provides vital services to local people living with cancer and other life-threatening illness and I am pleased to be able to support their work in this way.
Laura has worked in theatre, film and TV including CBeebies and she comes from a musical family - her mother is a trained opera singer.
She runs children's music classes and can be contacted on 01707 262676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org