Team are all set to 'tri' their best
AN INTREPID team from a firm of local accountants is training hard to take part in this week s Mazda London Triathlon to raise money for Grove House. James Barker, John Evans, Rob Knight and John Dilley, from Deloitte LLP, recently completed the St Albans
AN INTREPID team from a firm of local accountants is training hard to take part in this week's Mazda London Triathlon to raise money for Grove House.
James Barker, John Evans, Rob Knight and John Dilley, from Deloitte LLP, recently completed the St Albans Triathlon and will be travelling to London's docklands on Sunday to join thousands of other entrants in swimming 1.5 km, cycling 40km and then running 10km.
Deloitte has been supporting Grove House for a number of years and this year the 12 members of the triathlon team have already raised �3,000 at the St Albans event and are hoping to raise an additional �2,000 on Sunday.
Assistant manager James Barker said: "As a local firm we are very keen to support a local charity. We know of the wonderful work Grove House does supporting people with cancer and life-threatening illness. This is a great opportunity for us to be able to put something back."
To sponsor the team and help them reach their fundraising target visit www.justgiving.com/ deloittestalbansauittriathlonteam
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by