Team are all set to 'tri' their best
AN INTREPID team from a firm of local accountants is training hard to take part in this week s Mazda London Triathlon to raise money for Grove House. James Barker, John Evans, Rob Knight and John Dilley, from Deloitte LLP, recently completed the St Albans
AN INTREPID team from a firm of local accountants is training hard to take part in this week's Mazda London Triathlon to raise money for Grove House.
James Barker, John Evans, Rob Knight and John Dilley, from Deloitte LLP, recently completed the St Albans Triathlon and will be travelling to London's docklands on Sunday to join thousands of other entrants in swimming 1.5 km, cycling 40km and then running 10km.
Deloitte has been supporting Grove House for a number of years and this year the 12 members of the triathlon team have already raised �3,000 at the St Albans event and are hoping to raise an additional �2,000 on Sunday.
Assistant manager James Barker said: "As a local firm we are very keen to support a local charity. We know of the wonderful work Grove House does supporting people with cancer and life-threatening illness. This is a great opportunity for us to be able to put something back."
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor the team and help them reach their fundraising target visit www.justgiving.com/ deloittestalbansauittriathlonteam
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city