Team are all set to 'tri' their best
AN INTREPID team from a firm of local accountants is training hard to take part in this week s Mazda London Triathlon to raise money for Grove House. James Barker, John Evans, Rob Knight and John Dilley, from Deloitte LLP, recently completed the St Albans
AN INTREPID team from a firm of local accountants is training hard to take part in this week's Mazda London Triathlon to raise money for Grove House.
James Barker, John Evans, Rob Knight and John Dilley, from Deloitte LLP, recently completed the St Albans Triathlon and will be travelling to London's docklands on Sunday to join thousands of other entrants in swimming 1.5 km, cycling 40km and then running 10km.
Deloitte has been supporting Grove House for a number of years and this year the 12 members of the triathlon team have already raised �3,000 at the St Albans event and are hoping to raise an additional �2,000 on Sunday.
Assistant manager James Barker said: "As a local firm we are very keen to support a local charity. We know of the wonderful work Grove House does supporting people with cancer and life-threatening illness. This is a great opportunity for us to be able to put something back."
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor the team and help them reach their fundraising target visit www.justgiving.com/ deloittestalbansauittriathlonteam
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works