Tanning shop fire scare

CUSTOMERS in a city-centre tanning shop were evacuated after an electrical fault on Friday evening. Two fire crews from St Albans were called to the Absolutely Fabulous Tanning shop in St Peters Street, St Albans, just after 6pm. On arrival they found tha

CUSTOMERS in a city-centre tanning shop were evacuated after an electrical fault on Friday evening.

Two fire crews from St Albans were called to the Absolutely Fabulous Tanning shop in St Peters Street, St Albans, just after 6pm.

On arrival they found that a light bulb in the shop had overheated which had created some smoke but there was no sign of fire.

The shop closed an hour early because of the incident but was fully open the next day.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus