Talent comes up trumps for St Albans hospice
IT’S official – St Albans business has talent. From comedians to rock bands, local companies can certainly produce some star performers.
St Albans Business is Talented, an exciting new event presented by Sherrards Solicitors in association with St Albans Chamber of Commerce, showcased local talent at The Horn last month – and all in aid of Grove House.
DJ for the evening was Barney Laurence from Sherrards, bands included Carmine Procaccini Band, a band from Baker Tilly Accountants led by Mark Wilson and a band led by Steve Bedford of Conical Marketing Consultants. Ken Dougall of Handelsbanken provided a highly entertaining performance as Elton John.
The stand-up comedy spot was ably filled by Dee Clayton of Simply Amazing Training and the final surprise of the night was Grove House community fundraiser Liz Hizli with her partner John Pliny who wowed the audience with a stirring rendition of Jolene.
Paul Parrish, of Grove House, said, “This was a really great evening, with a terrific atmosphere; everyone enjoyed themselves and the Horn even included a generous buffet. We certainly saw one or two local business people in a different light. The evening raised �1,300 for the hospice and we are most grateful to everyone who worked and rehearsed so hard to ensure the success of the event.”
You may also want to watch:
Contact Paul on 01727 731029 or email@example.com if your business could help support Grove House.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
- 10 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building