Take the plunge for St Albans’ Grove House Hospice next year
- Credit: Archant
Do you have what it takes to join a team of brave people and take part in a special skydive day raising funds for the Rennie Grove to help it mark 30 years of caring in the local community?
On June 27 the charity has reserved places for the jumps which will take place at Hinton Airfield in Brackley. To take part all you need to do is pay a deposit of £70 before March 27 to secure your place and then raise a minimum of £395 in sponsorship.
Events fundraiser Jo Hunt who is also taking part in the jump, said: “Skydiving is an unbelievable and exhilarating rush like no other and with no experience required.
“Skydivers will be attached to an instructor and will then take part in a freefall at 13,000ft at a speed of 120mph through the clouds, before gliding back down to the ground below.
“It would be great to have 30 people taking part during our 30th anniversary year.
You may also want to watch:
“The money raised will help support local people with cancer and life-limiting illness, what better incentive could there be to take to the skies for the experience of a lifetime?”
Initially as independent charities, Grove House and Iain Rennie Hospice at Home both started from small beginnings in 1985. Together as Rennie Grove Hospice Care they cared for 3,000 patients and families across Herts and Bucks in 2013-14.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
For further information, please call Joanne Hunt on 01442 820740 or visit www.renniegrove.org/skydive.