Take on Mont Blanc challenge to raise funds for St Albans hospice
WHY not make your mark and plant your flag at the summit of Mont Blanc?
For the first time ever Grove House is offering a once in a lifetime opportunity to scale the highest mountain in Western Europe and raise money for the hospice.
Every year the summit of Mont Blanc, which stands at 13,000ft, becomes the ultimate objective for mountaineers the world over, all striving to stand on top of the roof of Europe and look down on all of the major summits of the Alps.
The guided expedition will take place next year, starting out on July 3 and will take six days. No prior climbing experience is necessary, but a good level of fitness would be desirable.
The climb will be managed by Kenton Cool and his colleagues at dreamguides, all qualified and highly experienced mountain guides. They will provide at least one guide for every two climbers, and their goal is to make the mountain adventure the best it can possibly be.
You may also want to watch:
Grove House fundraising director Paul Parrish is looking forward to completing the climb himself, and said: “We already have several intrepid adventurers signed up and we hope to have many more. Not only will this be an amazing experience, but we also hope to raise thousands of pounds in sponsorship to help the hospice continue to support more local people than ever whose lives are affected by cancer or life-limiting illness.”
For further information and to sign up to scale Mont Blanc contact Sinead Grimes at Grove House on 01727 731002 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre