Swimwear puts Markyate graduate in the spotlight
SHOWCASING her stylish swimwear collection has set up a young designer from Markyate for a thriving career in the fashion industry. Nicole Karydis, aged 23, of Buckwood Road, exhibited her swimwear designs at last month s Contour Fashion Show held at Lei
SHOWCASING her stylish swimwear collection has set up a young designer from Markyate for a thriving career in the fashion industry.
Nicole Karydis, aged 23, of Buckwood Road, exhibited her swimwear designs at last month's Contour Fashion Show held at Leicester's De Montfort University (DMU), from which she graduated this week.
Nicole designed the garments as part of her final assignment for DMU's BA Contour Fashion degree and at the event her swimsuit-clad models showcased her designs in front of top fashion industry experts.
Nicole's Cruise Collection adopts an aviation theme born out of her father's career as a pilot and regular trips to RAF museums and she said that her pieces were supposed to reflect the blue and yellow RAF uniform.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "The inspiration for my print came from a photo I took in a museum of the interior of a plane with a gas mask in the background. I've used lots of buckles too, all of which originated from pilot wing emblems."
Nicole, who starts work this summer with a lingerie company in Hong Kong, said that the catwalk show was a real experience and added: "My course has really given me some excellent career opportunities. It does take over your life but I've loved every minute.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved