Swimwear puts Markyate graduate in the spotlight
SHOWCASING her stylish swimwear collection has set up a young designer from Markyate for a thriving career in the fashion industry. Nicole Karydis, aged 23, of Buckwood Road, exhibited her swimwear designs at last month s Contour Fashion Show held at Lei
SHOWCASING her stylish swimwear collection has set up a young designer from Markyate for a thriving career in the fashion industry.
Nicole Karydis, aged 23, of Buckwood Road, exhibited her swimwear designs at last month's Contour Fashion Show held at Leicester's De Montfort University (DMU), from which she graduated this week.
Nicole designed the garments as part of her final assignment for DMU's BA Contour Fashion degree and at the event her swimsuit-clad models showcased her designs in front of top fashion industry experts.
Nicole's Cruise Collection adopts an aviation theme born out of her father's career as a pilot and regular trips to RAF museums and she said that her pieces were supposed to reflect the blue and yellow RAF uniform.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "The inspiration for my print came from a photo I took in a museum of the interior of a plane with a gas mask in the background. I've used lots of buckles too, all of which originated from pilot wing emblems."
Nicole, who starts work this summer with a lingerie company in Hong Kong, said that the catwalk show was a real experience and added: "My course has really given me some excellent career opportunities. It does take over your life but I've loved every minute.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans