Firefighters investigate St Albans ‘gas leak’
PUBLISHED: 10:36 26 October 2017 | UPDATED: 10:50 26 October 2017
The smell of a suspected gas leak in St Albans turned out to be caused by lacquer.
Firefighters were called by the police at 1.40am today to reports of a gas leak at an empty property in Chestnut Drive.
When they arrived a gas supplier and a locksmith were already at the scene.
The firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, investigated the property and discovered that the smell was caused by a lacquer, which is a substance used to provide a protective coating to metal or wood.
The property was ventilated and firefighters left the scene by 2.31am.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.