Suspected arson attacks hit London Colney
- Credit: Archant
Two suspected arson attacks hit a London Colney street last night when a garage and a lorry were found alight.
Firefighters were initially called to Five Acres just before 7.30pm after reports the garage was ablaze.
A Herts police spokeswoman confirmed today (Friday) they received a call from a resident who said he had seen a group near the fire and that once they saw him they ran away.
She added the fire was reportedly lit using a chair inside the garage, which is part of a block of six garages situated between a row of houses and a football field.
A 14-year-old boy has been street bailed in connection with the offence and asked to report to Hatfield police station on June 25.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews were later called to another incident on the same road at around midnight when a lorry was set on fire.
They spent almost two hours extinguishing the blaze. An investigation has been launched.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure