Suspected arson attacks hit London Colney
- Credit: Archant
Two suspected arson attacks hit a London Colney street last night when a garage and a lorry were found alight.
Firefighters were initially called to Five Acres just before 7.30pm after reports the garage was ablaze.
A Herts police spokeswoman confirmed today (Friday) they received a call from a resident who said he had seen a group near the fire and that once they saw him they ran away.
She added the fire was reportedly lit using a chair inside the garage, which is part of a block of six garages situated between a row of houses and a football field.
A 14-year-old boy has been street bailed in connection with the offence and asked to report to Hatfield police station on June 25.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews were later called to another incident on the same road at around midnight when a lorry was set on fire.
They spent almost two hours extinguishing the blaze. An investigation has been launched.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 7 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'