Suspected armed robbery at Radlett Post Office
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for witnesses following a suspected armed robbery at a Radlett Post Office on Tuesday.
Two men went into the shop in Battlers Green Drive at around 5pm on November 25.
While taking money from the counter, one of them pointed what is thought to be a handgun, which was hidden under his jacket, and made threats.
They demanded the safe be opened but left before this was complete.
A local 47-year-old who runs the Post Office was present at the time, along with his two young children, a shop assistant and a customer. None of them were injured during the incident.
Detective Sergeant Alex Warwick said: “This was a terrifying ordeal for all involved and a significant amount of money was taken.
“The two men had parked in nearby Orchard Close and walked or ran to and from the shop.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 8 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 9 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 10 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
“They had their faces covered and were wearing high visibility jackets and would have stood out.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and witnessed the offenders coming or going, or anyone who has any other information which could assist our inquiries to please contact police.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Herts Police non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.