Suspected armed robbery at Radlett Post Office
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for witnesses following a suspected armed robbery at a Radlett Post Office on Tuesday.
Two men went into the shop in Battlers Green Drive at around 5pm on November 25.
While taking money from the counter, one of them pointed what is thought to be a handgun, which was hidden under his jacket, and made threats.
They demanded the safe be opened but left before this was complete.
A local 47-year-old who runs the Post Office was present at the time, along with his two young children, a shop assistant and a customer. None of them were injured during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Alex Warwick said: “This was a terrifying ordeal for all involved and a significant amount of money was taken.
“The two men had parked in nearby Orchard Close and walked or ran to and from the shop.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
“They had their faces covered and were wearing high visibility jackets and would have stood out.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and witnessed the offenders coming or going, or anyone who has any other information which could assist our inquiries to please contact police.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Herts Police non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.