Suspected armed robbery at Radlett Post Office
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for witnesses following a suspected armed robbery at a Radlett Post Office on Tuesday.
Two men went into the shop in Battlers Green Drive at around 5pm on November 25.
While taking money from the counter, one of them pointed what is thought to be a handgun, which was hidden under his jacket, and made threats.
They demanded the safe be opened but left before this was complete.
A local 47-year-old who runs the Post Office was present at the time, along with his two young children, a shop assistant and a customer. None of them were injured during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Alex Warwick said: “This was a terrifying ordeal for all involved and a significant amount of money was taken.
“The two men had parked in nearby Orchard Close and walked or ran to and from the shop.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
“They had their faces covered and were wearing high visibility jackets and would have stood out.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and witnessed the offenders coming or going, or anyone who has any other information which could assist our inquiries to please contact police.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Herts Police non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.