Supermarket to sweep up 10K entrants
SHOP and sign up for the Herts 10K at the same time – that s the offer at Sainsbury s in St Albans tomorrow. Registrations for the Herts 10K, which takes place at Rothamsted Research in Harpenden on Sunday, October 11, are now open and people wanting to b
SHOP and sign up for the Herts 10K at the same time - that's the offer at Sainsbury's in St Albans tomorrow.
Registrations for the Herts 10K, which takes place at Rothamsted Research in Harpenden on Sunday, October 11, are now open and people wanting to book their place can do so at Sainsbury's between 10am and 2pm tomorrow.
The run is in aid of Grove House and as part of its sponsorship, Thomson Holidays are offering two holidays to encourage entrants to raise as much money as possible.
Entrants who raise over �100 will be entered into a draw for an all-inclusive to the Dominican Republic and those donating or raising �50 or more in sponsorship will be in with a chance to win an all-inclusive to Turkey.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Parrish, fundraising director for Grove House, said: "The Herts 10K is one of the leading 10K runs in the county, attracting walkers, first-time runners and keen amateurs.
"This year we are urging everyone to go that extra mile and raise as much as they can in sponsorship so that we can reach our target of �200,000 which will help fund our hospice at home service needed by the community."
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
And Lawrence Levy, the inspiration behind the event, added: "We are extremely proud that since 2006 the Herts 10K has enabled Grove House to launch its hospice at home service.
"However, to keep this much-needed service going I urge everyone to please dig deep and set themselves the goal of donating or raising as much sponsorship as they possibly can. All monies will go directly to helping our community and the people who live in it."
For more information visit www.herts10k.com Registration has been held at �15 for the fourth year running and includes a t shirt and race day medal.