Superhero charity fun day at St Albans shop
- Credit: Archant
Captain America, Batwoman and Spider-Man were just some of the famous faces to emerge in the name of charity on Saturday.
St Albans shop Pots of Art offered visitors the chance to don their favourite comic book cape and mask for a day of Macmillan Cancer Research fundraising.
Face and pot painting were all part of the ‘Superhero Day’, accompanied by home made cakes and a chance to enter the charity raffle.
Amanda Allen, manager at Pots of Art, said: “It was absolutely fantastic. We had so much fun. The face painting was exceptional and the cakes were stunning.”
Star Wars’ Stormtroopers also made an appearance, marching up and down St Albans to spread awareness.
You may also want to watch:
Amanda added: “I went along with the Stormtroopers and we had so much fun. I was shouting to let people know about the event, and it worked- we were busy all day!”
Deputy Mayor Cllr Janet Churchard attended the event, getting stuck in to the art activities and awarding prizes to those who took part.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
She said: “It was amazing to see so many superheroes at the same event. I want to thank all the local people and businesses who came together with superhero generosity for a very worthwhile cause in Macmillan Cancer Support.”
More than £400 has been raised so far, but there are still tickets left for the raffle, which offers many locally sponsored prizes.
For more information, or to purchase tickets, pop in to the St Albans store on 23 Holywell Hill or call 01727 739933.