Wall in Harpenden graffitied with criticism of Cummings
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden bridge has been defaced in protest against Dominic Cummings’ behaviour during lockdown.
The Sun Lane wall was graffitied with the words “Cummings the COVID spreader” over the weekend.
District councillor for Harpenden East Mary Maynard said: “There was a lot of low-level issues such as this.
“I had reports of large groups in the nature reserve, the common and the parks, huge amounts of litter being strewn around and idiots like this writing graffiti.
“My thanks to Al Bracken, someone with a sense of civic responsibility, who removed the graffiti.
“Others went out and cleared litter, one resident picked 80 lager cans from one small area.
“I know everyone has a sense of being ‘let out’ after being in lockdown for so long, but please remember the virus is still there and we have to stay safe.”
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school