Wall in Harpenden graffitied with criticism of Cummings
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden bridge has been defaced in protest against Dominic Cummings’ behaviour during lockdown.
The Sun Lane wall was graffitied with the words “Cummings the COVID spreader” over the weekend.
District councillor for Harpenden East Mary Maynard said: “There was a lot of low-level issues such as this.
“I had reports of large groups in the nature reserve, the common and the parks, huge amounts of litter being strewn around and idiots like this writing graffiti.
“My thanks to Al Bracken, someone with a sense of civic responsibility, who removed the graffiti.
You may also want to watch:
“Others went out and cleared litter, one resident picked 80 lager cans from one small area.
“I know everyone has a sense of being ‘let out’ after being in lockdown for so long, but please remember the virus is still there and we have to stay safe.”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads