Wall in Harpenden graffitied with criticism of Cummings
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden bridge has been defaced in protest against Dominic Cummings’ behaviour during lockdown.
The Sun Lane wall was graffitied with the words “Cummings the COVID spreader” over the weekend.
District councillor for Harpenden East Mary Maynard said: “There was a lot of low-level issues such as this.
“I had reports of large groups in the nature reserve, the common and the parks, huge amounts of litter being strewn around and idiots like this writing graffiti.
“My thanks to Al Bracken, someone with a sense of civic responsibility, who removed the graffiti.
You may also want to watch:
“Others went out and cleared litter, one resident picked 80 lager cans from one small area.
“I know everyone has a sense of being ‘let out’ after being in lockdown for so long, but please remember the virus is still there and we have to stay safe.”
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 7 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 8 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor