Summer party for St Albans’ Grove House hospice
PARTY band The Dark Blues will celebrating their coming of age next month with their 21st annual picnic.
Their Summer Party will be held on Saturday, June 9, and once again Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care will be receiving the proceeds of the raffle.
As in previous years, the popular annual event will take place in a large marquee at the Herts Showground in Redbourn. Tables and chairs will be provided so all guests have to do is bring food and drinks and get ready to dance the night away.
With so many events taking place in 2012 including the Olympics, Paralympics and the Diamond Jubilee, this year’s picnic will celebrate this country’s great achievements with the theme Team GB. There will be a prize for the most innovative table.
The Dark Blues Party has become a highlight of the Herts social calendar. Last year more than 800 guests helped to raise over �5,000 for the hospice and this year’s event is set to be bigger and better than ever.
You may also want to watch:
Band leader Nigel Tully said: “We are delighted to be able to continue to support Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care. The charity does a fantastic job supporting terminally-ill patients in our community.
“We have some great raffle prizes donated by local companies and generous individuals, all worth over �100, so we hope to raise more money than ever for the charity”.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
For more information and to buy tickets at �25 each, visit www.darkblues.co.uk/party-band/annual-picnic or phone Fiona or Alex on 01582 842226.