St Albans shopping centre hosting fun summer holiday event
- Credit: Archant
A popular St Albans shopping centre has invited customers to start their summer holiday closer to home.
The Taste the High Life event at Christopher Place on Friday will feature cocktails, live music, summer collection showcases, and free samples from stores.
The centre will be decorated like a summer holiday destination with tropical palm trees to suit sunny weather and face painting for children and adults.
It is being funded and delivered by St Albans Business Improvement District (BID).
BID manager Helen Burridge said: “Christopher Place has a high quality retail and restaurant offer.
You may also want to watch:
“From the luxury travel agent to the boutique hair and beauty stores, nestled alongside delicious eateries, entering the centre is like taking your first step on a luxurious holiday.
“Why don’t you start your summer as you mean to go on at this fabulously glamorous event?”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 9 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
There will be three separate cocktail bars run by Tomoka Spirits Boutique, and the inventor of the Pornstar Martini, Douglas Ankrah, will be giving a demonstration of his recipe and offering free samples.
Local band Swanvesta Social Club will be performing on centre stage from 7.30-9.30pm.
Restaurants from a variety of cuisines will be offering takeaway delicacies and fizz alongside sample dishes.
Christopher Place manager Catherine Morris hopes it will become an annual event: “It is all about getting local people together, with or without their families, because there is something for everyone. Come along and have fun!”
Last year, BID organised a similar event for George Street called Gin and Jazz, and more than 5,000 people attended the event in just two hours.
BID and Christopher Place are encouraging patrons to carry on the fun after the events end in pubs and bars around the city.
The open party will take place from 7pm till 10pm. No tickets are needed.