Style provides substance for hospice
BIGGER and better than ever – that is the promise from Grove House about the annual Shop in Style event being held at Sopwell House Hotel in St Albans next Saturday, November 7. Organised once again by Michelle Finch, it will feature two huge rooms filled
BIGGER and better than ever - that is the promise from Grove House about the annual Shop in Style event being held at Sopwell House Hotel in St Albans next Saturday, November 7.
Organised once again by Michelle Finch, it will feature two huge rooms filled with a selection of exclusive and independent retailers.
Michelle said: "We have attracted more stalls than ever this year and there will be an opportunity to buy gifts for the whole family. People need not spend a fortune to find that special gift."
Among the stalls will be handmade jewellery and gifts, women's accessories, leather shoes and bags, artwork, home and gardening items and gifts for children. Grove House Christmas cards will also be on sale.
Michelle added: "This is a great way to raise money for Grove House. We will be donating all the entry money and a percentage of sales to help the hospice continue its valuable work supporting local people with cancer."
Entry to Shop in Style is �2 on the door and a raffle, tombola and festive refreshments will be available.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Further information is available from Liz Hizli on 01727 731008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
l A Grove House banner advertising this year's Shop in Style event has gone missing from its position at Junction Nine of the M1 motorway.
Fundraiser Liz Hizli said: "These banners really help to promote our many fundraising events. We always obtain permission before putting them up; they are expensive to produce so if anyone has any information about what could have happened to this banner, please contact me as soon as possible."
She can be reached on the number above.