Stray dog still searching for forever home after more than 200 days in Kimpton rescue centre
- Credit: Archant
A stray dog is desperate for a new home after spending more than 200 days in a rescue centre.
Two-year-old Irish lurcher Tori has been under the protection of Kimpton’s Blue Cross since early 2017, but is yet to be adopted to a quiet, patient home without children.
Animal welfare assistant Hannah Payne, said: “Tori came from Ireland in the early part of the year, she was found as a stray and was terrified of people.
“She would cower in the corner of her kennel or panic and try and look for an escape if anyone approached her.
“It took us a long time to slowly help her understand that humans were not to fear, this was made much easier as she just adored dogs so we’d use this as a tool, and she’s doing really well now.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “She really is the most funny and quirky dog and will make an amazing addition to someone’s family.”
To adopt Tori contact 0300 777 1490, email email@example.com or visit www.bluecross.org.uk.
- 1 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 2 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space