Storm Doris: Tree blocking road in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A tree has fallen down between Park Street and Frogmore in St Albans.
Police have closed the road and bus company Uno has said the 655 Uno bus service will be disrupted.
Ringway, the county council’s contractor, is dealing with this issue, in addition to the Storm Doris-related disruptions.
Divisional manager Kevin Carrol said: “We are aware of this fallen tree, our team are working hard to deal with all the emergency call-outs we have received this morning.
“The police have closed the road whilst the tree surgeons cut down the tree.
“One lane will re-open whilst the tree surgeon cuts up the tree and removes it from the carriageway.
“We are sorry for the disruption this has caused, we are working as fast as we possibly can.”
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 5 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Services between St Albans and St Pancras were cancelled this morning after overhead power lines collapsed.