Storm Doris: Tree blocking road in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A tree has fallen down between Park Street and Frogmore in St Albans.
Police have closed the road and bus company Uno has said the 655 Uno bus service will be disrupted.
Ringway, the county council’s contractor, is dealing with this issue, in addition to the Storm Doris-related disruptions.
Divisional manager Kevin Carrol said: “We are aware of this fallen tree, our team are working hard to deal with all the emergency call-outs we have received this morning.
“The police have closed the road whilst the tree surgeons cut down the tree.
You may also want to watch:
“One lane will re-open whilst the tree surgeon cuts up the tree and removes it from the carriageway.
“We are sorry for the disruption this has caused, we are working as fast as we possibly can.”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Services between St Albans and St Pancras were cancelled this morning after overhead power lines collapsed.