Storm Doris: Tree blocking road in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A tree has fallen down between Park Street and Frogmore in St Albans.
Police have closed the road and bus company Uno has said the 655 Uno bus service will be disrupted.
Ringway, the county council’s contractor, is dealing with this issue, in addition to the Storm Doris-related disruptions.
Divisional manager Kevin Carrol said: “We are aware of this fallen tree, our team are working hard to deal with all the emergency call-outs we have received this morning.
“The police have closed the road whilst the tree surgeons cut down the tree.
You may also want to watch:
“One lane will re-open whilst the tree surgeon cuts up the tree and removes it from the carriageway.
“We are sorry for the disruption this has caused, we are working as fast as we possibly can.”
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
Services between St Albans and St Pancras were cancelled this morning after overhead power lines collapsed.