Store will put St Albans Fashion Week on the radar
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Fashion Week is getting its very own headquarters in the city which has been styled by a local interiors store.
The new information office in French Row has been dressed up by Maison Hartley and will be open throughout the whole of October to offer guidance on the event.
As well as being an information hub, the headquarters will be home to the model boot camps, and will showcase new collections from St Albans’ fashion design students.
Fashion week staff will be on hand Monday to Saturday from 10am to 5pm to provide assistance.
It will also be the official drop-off point for clothes for the Charity Swap Shop.
You may also want to watch:
Women’s, men’s and children’s items including shoes, bags and accessories can be taken into the HQ any time during October, where they’ll be exchanged for tokens.
The swap shop event will be held on the Saturday of the fashion week and costs £5, a fee which will be donated to charity. Tokens can then be exchanged for clothes.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
St Albans Fashion Week founder and organiser, Ellena Ophira, said: “We want to say a big thank you to our hosts at Christopher Place.
“We work very closely with many of the retailers in the fashion quarter and are thrilled to be among them for the whole of October.
“We’ve worked hard to transform our HQ into a beautiful place – a huge thank you to Jane at Maison Hartley – and look forward to welcoming visitors and involving them in the build up to what promises to be an amazing week.”
Cathedral fashion show tickets go on sale tomorrow.