Store will put St Albans Fashion Week on the radar
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Fashion Week is getting its very own headquarters in the city which has been styled by a local interiors store.
The new information office in French Row has been dressed up by Maison Hartley and will be open throughout the whole of October to offer guidance on the event.
As well as being an information hub, the headquarters will be home to the model boot camps, and will showcase new collections from St Albans’ fashion design students.
Fashion week staff will be on hand Monday to Saturday from 10am to 5pm to provide assistance.
It will also be the official drop-off point for clothes for the Charity Swap Shop.
You may also want to watch:
Women’s, men’s and children’s items including shoes, bags and accessories can be taken into the HQ any time during October, where they’ll be exchanged for tokens.
The swap shop event will be held on the Saturday of the fashion week and costs £5, a fee which will be donated to charity. Tokens can then be exchanged for clothes.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
St Albans Fashion Week founder and organiser, Ellena Ophira, said: “We want to say a big thank you to our hosts at Christopher Place.
“We work very closely with many of the retailers in the fashion quarter and are thrilled to be among them for the whole of October.
“We’ve worked hard to transform our HQ into a beautiful place – a huge thank you to Jane at Maison Hartley – and look forward to welcoming visitors and involving them in the build up to what promises to be an amazing week.”
Cathedral fashion show tickets go on sale tomorrow.