Stolen St Albans French Bulldog FOUND
- Credit: Archant
A French Bulldog who was allegedly stolen last week has been reunited with his owners following an extensive social media campaign.
The dog, named Gordon, was allegedly taken after he escaped his home in Worely Road, St Albans, and returned to an address of a dog in the same litter as him, after a microchip mix up.
Police searched the property and found no trace of Gordon, and a social media campaign was launched by his owner Maddie Odell.
He was found wandering the streets in Uxbridge yesterday (Wednesday) and taken to a nearby vet, who called owners Maddie and Amir Hezareh, who owns More Than Nutrition on Catherine Street.
The couple have expressed their sincere gratitude for everyone’s help in finding him. Maddie said: “There’s no way I would be reunited with my dog if social media wasn’t there.
“I’ve had people contact me from Spain, people living seven eight hours away offering to come help look for him, the response has been amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“I had lost hope before I put the campaign on Facebook. Even we hadn’t found him the support and messages we’ve had have enabled me to deal with it mentally and kept me sane.”
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space