More stolen property could have been recovered in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been arrested after being found with property police believe to be stolen.
Sunglasses, coats, make-up, and perfume are some of the items recovered from the trio by police at 3.45am this morning.
A man aged 35, a 39-year-old woman and a 53-year-old man, who are all from St Albans and are currently in police custody. The 53-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis.
Det Insp Alex Warwick said: “We believe insecure cars have been targeted and people either may not realise their property has been stolen or may not have reported it. We would like to reunite residents with their property.
“I’d like to remind residents again to make sure they securely lock their vehicles and keep their car keys away from their front doors. Equally important, do not leave your property or valuables in your car. Generally, thieves don’t smash windows unless they can see something on view. They would rather find a neighbouring car that they can quickly get property from without being seen.
You may also want to watch:
“If you see anyone acting suspiciously around vehicles, please call us. We would rather follow-up a call made with good intention than miss the opportunity to catch a car thief.”
If you believe you may have had some property stolen, call police on 101.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash