Still time to vote in St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Awards
- Credit: Archant
Time is running out to vote in the 2015 St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Awards.
Hundreds of residents have already selected for preferred choices in the annual competition, which is part of St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Festival running from September 22 until October 5.
Residents can vote in a range of categories including Best Bar, Best Independent Café/Restaurant, Best Local Producer and Most Family Friendly Venue.
There is also a special award, the Kate D’Arcy Award for Customer Service, in memory of the popular local restaurateur who died in 2010.
Voting closes at midnight on Sunday August 16, and residents are urged to get voting for their favourite local food producers and establishments.
You may also want to watch:
The public vote will then be used to create a top three shortlist for each category, which will be revealed at the end of August.
A winner for each group will then be selected from the shortlist by an independent steering group.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
Cllr Beric Read, portfolio holder for community engagement and localism, said: “The quality of food businesses in the St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Awards gets higher every year.”
To vote in the awards and for more information visit www.enjoystalbans.com/foodanddrink