Still time to vote in St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Awards
- Credit: Archant
Time is running out to vote in the 2015 St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Awards.
Hundreds of residents have already selected for preferred choices in the annual competition, which is part of St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Festival running from September 22 until October 5.
Residents can vote in a range of categories including Best Bar, Best Independent Café/Restaurant, Best Local Producer and Most Family Friendly Venue.
There is also a special award, the Kate D’Arcy Award for Customer Service, in memory of the popular local restaurateur who died in 2010.
Voting closes at midnight on Sunday August 16, and residents are urged to get voting for their favourite local food producers and establishments.
You may also want to watch:
The public vote will then be used to create a top three shortlist for each category, which will be revealed at the end of August.
A winner for each group will then be selected from the shortlist by an independent steering group.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
Cllr Beric Read, portfolio holder for community engagement and localism, said: “The quality of food businesses in the St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Awards gets higher every year.”
To vote in the awards and for more information visit www.enjoystalbans.com/foodanddrink