Still time to sign up for Redbourn in Bloom
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn in Bloom’s annual horticulture show is set to return this month and organiser, Richard Morgan, is urging green-fingered locals of all ages to get involved.
Flowers, fuits, vegetables, cakes, bread, preserves, craft items - there’s a place for them all at this year’s event.
Richard said: “We’re encouraging as many people as possible to pick up a schedule and volunteer. You can enter as many or as few categories as you want and there’s a good variety of things for people to enter.
“Some of the Dalia classes are popular at this time of the year but a lot of the ladies tend to go for the flower arranging categories.”
The show is due to take place on September 12 between 2.15pm and 4pm and entry forms - which can be picked up the post office in Redbourn or at the Hertfordshire Garden Centre - must be in by September 9.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is £1 for adults and free for accompanied children, with all proceeds going towards Redbourn in Bloom’s planting schemes around the village.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'