Still time to sign up for Redbourn in Bloom
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn in Bloom’s annual horticulture show is set to return this month and organiser, Richard Morgan, is urging green-fingered locals of all ages to get involved.
Flowers, fuits, vegetables, cakes, bread, preserves, craft items - there’s a place for them all at this year’s event.
Richard said: “We’re encouraging as many people as possible to pick up a schedule and volunteer. You can enter as many or as few categories as you want and there’s a good variety of things for people to enter.
“Some of the Dalia classes are popular at this time of the year but a lot of the ladies tend to go for the flower arranging categories.”
The show is due to take place on September 12 between 2.15pm and 4pm and entry forms - which can be picked up the post office in Redbourn or at the Hertfordshire Garden Centre - must be in by September 9.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is £1 for adults and free for accompanied children, with all proceeds going towards Redbourn in Bloom’s planting schemes around the village.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests