Still time to nominate for the third Herts Ad Community Awards
- Credit: Archant
The Herts Advertiser Community Awards are back for a third year running - and we want you to nominate your outstanding local citizens.
Reinforcing the fact that community spirit is still very much alive here in St Albans, awards are given out to those people who have contributed to local life. They can come in the form of a volunteer, fundraiser, good neighbour or even a role model like a police officer or nurse.
The awards act as the perfect opportunity to provide the often unseen heroes of St Albans, Harpenden and surrounding villages with the recognition they deserve.
Last year’s Good Neighbour winner was Dave Glanville, known to those in the Bedford Road area of St Albans as “Community Dave”, because of his efforts running garden and Christmas competitions in neighbouring street, while the Role Model award was shared between the members of rock band Purple Day for their fundraising efforts on behalf of the St Elizabeth’s Centre for Epilepsy.
Herts Ad editor Nina Morgan added: “I am proud to be involved in what is unquestionably the biggest community awards event in the district, recognising people from all walks of life for their remarkable achievements.
“Previous Herts Advertiser Community Awards have a phenomenal success, so we’re delighted to be continuing this year with another celebration of the district’s community champions and outstanding citizens.”
This year’s gala awards ceremony will take place on Thursday September 7 at the Maltings Arts Theatre, and the deadline for entries has been extended to allow for additional entries - to enter simply visit the website at communityawards.hertsad.co.uk
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 7 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 8 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans Striders shine at Summer Solstice 10k
Additionally, if you know anyone who has been a good neighbour or done something remarkable for charity, you can nominate them for the Maltings Community Heroes and they could be in with a chance of winning £100.
If you believe you may know someone who deserves to be considered, email your story to email@example.com. You must include the name and contact details of both you and the nominee.