Still time to nominate for the third Herts Ad Community Awards
- Credit: Archant
The Herts Advertiser Community Awards are back for a third year running - and we want you to nominate your outstanding local citizens.
Reinforcing the fact that community spirit is still very much alive here in St Albans, awards are given out to those people who have contributed to local life. They can come in the form of a volunteer, fundraiser, good neighbour or even a role model like a police officer or nurse.
The awards act as the perfect opportunity to provide the often unseen heroes of St Albans, Harpenden and surrounding villages with the recognition they deserve.
Last year’s Good Neighbour winner was Dave Glanville, known to those in the Bedford Road area of St Albans as “Community Dave”, because of his efforts running garden and Christmas competitions in neighbouring street, while the Role Model award was shared between the members of rock band Purple Day for their fundraising efforts on behalf of the St Elizabeth’s Centre for Epilepsy.
Herts Ad editor Nina Morgan added: “I am proud to be involved in what is unquestionably the biggest community awards event in the district, recognising people from all walks of life for their remarkable achievements.
You may also want to watch:
“Previous Herts Advertiser Community Awards have a phenomenal success, so we’re delighted to be continuing this year with another celebration of the district’s community champions and outstanding citizens.”
This year’s gala awards ceremony will take place on Thursday September 7 at the Maltings Arts Theatre, and the deadline for entries has been extended to allow for additional entries - to enter simply visit the website at communityawards.hertsad.co.uk
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 7 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 8 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
Additionally, if you know anyone who has been a good neighbour or done something remarkable for charity, you can nominate them for the Maltings Community Heroes and they could be in with a chance of winning £100.
If you believe you may know someone who deserves to be considered, email your story to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the name and contact details of both you and the nominee.