Still time to enter Herts 10K Challenge
THERE is still time to register for the fourth annual Herts 10K Challenge which takes place on Sunday, October 11. Over 1,800 people have already signed up for the event which hopes to raise nearly �200,000 in entry fees and sponsorship for the hospice. F
THERE is still time to register for the fourth annual Herts 10K Challenge which takes place on Sunday, October 11.
Over 1,800 people have already signed up for the event which hopes to raise nearly �200,000 in entry fees and sponsorship for the hospice.
For people taking part in the event or wanting to sponsor a friend or colleague, the simplest and easiest way is to do so is via the Justgiving website.
Starting at Rothampstead Research in Harpenden, the Herts 10K is in aid of Grove House which is urging everyone who is running this year to try and raise as much as possible for the local hospice.
Grove House fundraising director, Paul Parrish, said: "We need everyone who is taking part in the Herts 10K Challenge to set up their own Justgiving page and ask as many friends, relatives and colleagues to make donations via the site."
He added: "Since setting up my own Justgiving page the amount I have been able to raise has dramatically increased and I've had fun getting in touch with friends and colleagues."
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
Setting up a personalised Justgiving page takes only a few minutes and pictures and personal stories can be added. People are able to make donations directly to the page rather than runners having to collect the money from individuals.
In addition Justgiving adds gift aid to the donation and to find out more go to www.justgiving.com/grove-house
To learn more about the Herts 10K challenge and register a place, visit www.herts10k.com or call Grove House on 01727 713002.