Still time to enter Herts 10K Challenge
THERE is still time to register for the fourth annual Herts 10K Challenge which takes place on Sunday, October 11. Over 1,800 people have already signed up for the event which hopes to raise nearly �200,000 in entry fees and sponsorship for the hospice. F
THERE is still time to register for the fourth annual Herts 10K Challenge which takes place on Sunday, October 11.
Over 1,800 people have already signed up for the event which hopes to raise nearly �200,000 in entry fees and sponsorship for the hospice.
For people taking part in the event or wanting to sponsor a friend or colleague, the simplest and easiest way is to do so is via the Justgiving website.
Starting at Rothampstead Research in Harpenden, the Herts 10K is in aid of Grove House which is urging everyone who is running this year to try and raise as much as possible for the local hospice.
You may also want to watch:
Grove House fundraising director, Paul Parrish, said: "We need everyone who is taking part in the Herts 10K Challenge to set up their own Justgiving page and ask as many friends, relatives and colleagues to make donations via the site."
He added: "Since setting up my own Justgiving page the amount I have been able to raise has dramatically increased and I've had fun getting in touch with friends and colleagues."
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Setting up a personalised Justgiving page takes only a few minutes and pictures and personal stories can be added. People are able to make donations directly to the page rather than runners having to collect the money from individuals.
In addition Justgiving adds gift aid to the donation and to find out more go to www.justgiving.com/grove-house
To learn more about the Herts 10K challenge and register a place, visit www.herts10k.com or call Grove House on 01727 713002.