Still time to enter Herts 10K Challenge
THERE is still time to register for the fourth annual Herts 10K Challenge which takes place on Sunday, October 11. Over 1,800 people have already signed up for the event which hopes to raise nearly �200,000 in entry fees and sponsorship for the hospice. F
THERE is still time to register for the fourth annual Herts 10K Challenge which takes place on Sunday, October 11.
Over 1,800 people have already signed up for the event which hopes to raise nearly �200,000 in entry fees and sponsorship for the hospice.
For people taking part in the event or wanting to sponsor a friend or colleague, the simplest and easiest way is to do so is via the Justgiving website.
Starting at Rothampstead Research in Harpenden, the Herts 10K is in aid of Grove House which is urging everyone who is running this year to try and raise as much as possible for the local hospice.
You may also want to watch:
Grove House fundraising director, Paul Parrish, said: "We need everyone who is taking part in the Herts 10K Challenge to set up their own Justgiving page and ask as many friends, relatives and colleagues to make donations via the site."
He added: "Since setting up my own Justgiving page the amount I have been able to raise has dramatically increased and I've had fun getting in touch with friends and colleagues."
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Setting up a personalised Justgiving page takes only a few minutes and pictures and personal stories can be added. People are able to make donations directly to the page rather than runners having to collect the money from individuals.
In addition Justgiving adds gift aid to the donation and to find out more go to www.justgiving.com/grove-house
To learn more about the Herts 10K challenge and register a place, visit www.herts10k.com or call Grove House on 01727 713002.