Stevenage men arrested on suspicion of burglary in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Two men from Stevenage were arrested on suspicion of burglary after a St Albans business was broken into and subjected to criminal damage.
A 26-year-old man and a 52-year-old man, both from Stevenage, were arrested yesterday morning following the burglaries in London Road that morning.
CCTV operators from St Albans district council spotted two men acting suspiciously at two business addresses, with damage caused to both premises.
Cllr Chris White, leader of St Albans district council, said: "This is another example of the effectiveness of our city centre CCTV system in making our streets and businesses safer. The CCTV operator is to be praised for spotting suspicious activity.
"It's also an example of the excellent working relationship we have with Herts police, who were quickly alerted to the incident and were able to make very swift arrests."
You may also want to watch:
Both men have been released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall