Stevenage men arrested on suspicion of burglary in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Two men from Stevenage were arrested on suspicion of burglary after a St Albans business was broken into and subjected to criminal damage.
A 26-year-old man and a 52-year-old man, both from Stevenage, were arrested yesterday morning following the burglaries in London Road that morning.
CCTV operators from St Albans district council spotted two men acting suspiciously at two business addresses, with damage caused to both premises.
Cllr Chris White, leader of St Albans district council, said: "This is another example of the effectiveness of our city centre CCTV system in making our streets and businesses safer. The CCTV operator is to be praised for spotting suspicious activity.
"It's also an example of the excellent working relationship we have with Herts police, who were quickly alerted to the incident and were able to make very swift arrests."
You may also want to watch:
Both men have been released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 5 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 6 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 7 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 10 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs