Application to build nine new homes in St Albans village
- Credit: Archant
An application has been made to build nine new homes in the St Albans village of Smallford.
Welwyn company District & Circle has applied to St Albans district council for outline permission for its project to build four-bedroom homes at 23 Station Road.
The development, which would be on the site of a former orchard, would have 27 parking spaces for the nine two-storey homes.
In a statement attached to the planning application, the developer has written: “[Our application demonstrates] how impact on openness and the purposes of the Green Belt will be neutral - the location of the proposals will not contribute to the coalescence of St Albans and Hatfield.
“It is better that the development of previously developed land, which is in a sustainable location, ought to be prioritised in preference to greenfield sites.”
You may also want to watch:
To see the application, search for 5/2018/2924 on the district council’s website.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development