Application to build nine new homes in St Albans village
- Credit: Archant
An application has been made to build nine new homes in the St Albans village of Smallford.
Welwyn company District & Circle has applied to St Albans district council for outline permission for its project to build four-bedroom homes at 23 Station Road.
The development, which would be on the site of a former orchard, would have 27 parking spaces for the nine two-storey homes.
In a statement attached to the planning application, the developer has written: “[Our application demonstrates] how impact on openness and the purposes of the Green Belt will be neutral - the location of the proposals will not contribute to the coalescence of St Albans and Hatfield.
“It is better that the development of previously developed land, which is in a sustainable location, ought to be prioritised in preference to greenfield sites.”
You may also want to watch:
To see the application, search for 5/2018/2924 on the district council’s website.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills