Stabbing in St Albans
A MAN in his 30s suffered chest injuries after being stabbed outside shops in St Albans this afternoon.
Concerns that the attacker may still be on the loose have been voiced on Twitter though police officers at the scene were unable to confirm this to a Herts Ad journalist.
It is thought the man was stabbed during an altercation outside the hardware store and hairdressers at The Quadrant in Marshalswick.
The area is now cordoned off after the incident which occurred at around 4pm this afternoon.
A rapid response team was first on the scene and followed by an ambulance and Herts Air Ambulance.
The man was conscious and breathing when he was taken away by land ambulance to hospital.
Roads are closed around The Baton pub and one eye witness claims the forensic team are now on the scene
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic