St Peter’s gift Hatfield a point
Late goal denies Saints all three points
Herts Senior County Division One
St Peter’s 2 AFC Hatfield Town 2
ANOTHER below par performance from St Peter’s saw them drop two points at home to AFC Hatfield Town.
The Saints had come from behind to lead 2-1 with just minutes left but were undone when an attack broke down and Hatfield launched a counter-attack to score a dramatic late equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
The Saints had dominated possession in the first half but were unable to make the breakthrough and they were punished by the visitors who earned a 1-0 half-time lead courtesy of Jordon Thurgood.
The Saints recovered after the break though and drew level when Joel Norris laid on the perfect pass to Harry Cunningham and he shot past Luke Warren in the Hatfield goal.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
The Saints looked have clinched all three points when a pin-point cross from Chris Eames was headed home by Mark Savory.
However Hatfield made the most of their last chance and Darryn Stewart’s late equaliser robbed the Saints of two points.
A more determined approach is required next Saturday when the Saints visit Bushey Rangers (KO 2.30pm).
Saints: Barnes; Eames, Brown, Wiltshire, Mardle; Rees, Costain (Frost), Beswick; Cunningham, Savory, Norris. Subs not used: Gauthier, Cox.