St Peter’s gift Hatfield a point
Late goal denies Saints all three points
Herts Senior County Division One
St Peter’s 2 AFC Hatfield Town 2
ANOTHER below par performance from St Peter’s saw them drop two points at home to AFC Hatfield Town.
The Saints had come from behind to lead 2-1 with just minutes left but were undone when an attack broke down and Hatfield launched a counter-attack to score a dramatic late equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
The Saints had dominated possession in the first half but were unable to make the breakthrough and they were punished by the visitors who earned a 1-0 half-time lead courtesy of Jordon Thurgood.
The Saints recovered after the break though and drew level when Joel Norris laid on the perfect pass to Harry Cunningham and he shot past Luke Warren in the Hatfield goal.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
The Saints looked have clinched all three points when a pin-point cross from Chris Eames was headed home by Mark Savory.
However Hatfield made the most of their last chance and Darryn Stewart’s late equaliser robbed the Saints of two points.
A more determined approach is required next Saturday when the Saints visit Bushey Rangers (KO 2.30pm).
Saints: Barnes; Eames, Brown, Wiltshire, Mardle; Rees, Costain (Frost), Beswick; Cunningham, Savory, Norris. Subs not used: Gauthier, Cox.