St Peter’s Church in St Albans holds annual summer fair
- Credit: Archant
St Peter’s church gets summery this weekend with their annual fair full of activities, bric-a-brac stalls, food, drink and live performances for the family.
Children can play games and win prizes, jump on a bouncy castle, have their face painted, and ride a pony.
Adults may be more suited to The Blacksmith’s Arms’ Pimms bar, browsing the charity stalls, or playing bottle tombola.
The Global Harmony Choir and Chris Flegg’s jazz band will perform through the day, and there will be an opportunity to climb the church tower, which offers views of the Shard and Wembley Arch.
Traders will be selling toys, plants, novelties, beauty products and cakes, and a barbeque and ice cream will be available in the churchyard during the day.
The fair starts from 10.30am-3.30pm on June 11, but the Mayor will officially open the fair at 11am.
All the money raised will go to charitable causes.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 6 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 7 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford