St George's School, Harpenden, celebrates 'a smashing year'
OVER 90 per cent of pupils at St George s School in Harpenden achieved at least five A*-C grades, including maths and English, at GCSE. The total percentage of top grades reached an all time high at the Sun Lane school and means that there sixth form cour
OVER 90 per cent of pupils at St George's School in Harpenden achieved at least five A*-C grades, including maths and English, at GCSE.
The total percentage of top grades reached an all time high at the Sun Lane school and means that there sixth form courses will be full when the new term starts next week.
Exams officer Paul McGillivray said: "Average scores rose by 30 points and that means that only a handful will not qualify for sixth form entry which has already been raised in the past three years.
Head Norman Hoare described Year 11 as, "a smashing year" who deserved their success.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "We have seen the benefits of a tight control over the number of GCSEs taken and a proper breadth of study. They are incredibly well rounded in their qualifications - besides the standard maths, English and sciences, they have a humanities, an aesthetic and practical study, a technology, ICT and RE.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures