St Albans woman was the colourful face of the Olympics
A ST Albans woman has credited social networking site Facebook for helping her to secure a job as the only person employed to paint faces at London 2012.
Qualified artist Hannah Padden, of Cottonmill Crescent, only started her facepainting business The Glitterbox a year ago.
An agency securing entertainment for visitors to the Games saw Hannah on Facebook and asked the 35 year old to paint faces at the event, the only person employed to do so within the Olympic park village.
Hannah said that over the course of 11 days she completed 880 paintings – 80 a day – right up until the closing ceremony.
The mum-of-two, who paints faces throughout Herts and London, said: “It was really enjoyable. Dads were having glitter on their faces and I did loads of Union Jack flowers and butterflies and tonnes of flags.”
You may also want to watch:
She also painted Union Jacks over people’s noses and goatee beards.
Hannah added: “I even did a flaming torch on a bald head and butterflies around necks, to look like a necklace.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
“It was great being part of the Olympic atmosphere. There was a family feeling and it was lovely being there and seeing everyone, like the volunteers, every day. I love facepainting.”
Hannah managed to watch Usain Bolt compete, but missed seeing celebrity couple Victoria and David Beckham when they visited.