St Albans woman was the colourful face of the Olympics
A ST Albans woman has credited social networking site Facebook for helping her to secure a job as the only person employed to paint faces at London 2012.
Qualified artist Hannah Padden, of Cottonmill Crescent, only started her facepainting business The Glitterbox a year ago.
An agency securing entertainment for visitors to the Games saw Hannah on Facebook and asked the 35 year old to paint faces at the event, the only person employed to do so within the Olympic park village.
Hannah said that over the course of 11 days she completed 880 paintings – 80 a day – right up until the closing ceremony.
The mum-of-two, who paints faces throughout Herts and London, said: “It was really enjoyable. Dads were having glitter on their faces and I did loads of Union Jack flowers and butterflies and tonnes of flags.”
You may also want to watch:
She also painted Union Jacks over people’s noses and goatee beards.
Hannah added: “I even did a flaming torch on a bald head and butterflies around necks, to look like a necklace.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 5 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 6 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 7 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 8 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 9 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 10 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
“It was great being part of the Olympic atmosphere. There was a family feeling and it was lovely being there and seeing everyone, like the volunteers, every day. I love facepainting.”
Hannah managed to watch Usain Bolt compete, but missed seeing celebrity couple Victoria and David Beckham when they visited.