St Albans hero visited by TV crew
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans community hero was surprised by a TV crew appearing at her work.
Wendy Seabrook, who works on the Elizabeth Arden counter in the St Peter's Street branch of Boots, was greeted by a Channel 5 film crew along with singer and presenter, Jane McDonald.
The celebrity had been told all about Wendy's dedication to her local community, including the £80,000 she has raised over the last 25 years through various charitable beauty events.
Family and friends waited outside the St Albans Boots store with the film crew, anticipating seeing Wendy's reaction.
Wendy said: "It was such a surprise. I couldn't believe all of my family were waiting for me along with Jane too."
You may also want to watch:
Jane joined Wendy on the Elizabeth Arden counter and Wendy said she had the best time.
Wendy has also been invited to the live recording of the show on November 22 in Manchester.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 5 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
The Channel 5 documentary, 'Jane and Friends' airs this December, just in time for Christmas.