St Albans hero visited by TV crew
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans community hero was surprised by a TV crew appearing at her work.
Wendy Seabrook, who works on the Elizabeth Arden counter in the St Peter's Street branch of Boots, was greeted by a Channel 5 film crew along with singer and presenter, Jane McDonald.
The celebrity had been told all about Wendy's dedication to her local community, including the £80,000 she has raised over the last 25 years through various charitable beauty events.
Family and friends waited outside the St Albans Boots store with the film crew, anticipating seeing Wendy's reaction.
Wendy said: "It was such a surprise. I couldn't believe all of my family were waiting for me along with Jane too."
You may also want to watch:
Jane joined Wendy on the Elizabeth Arden counter and Wendy said she had the best time.
Wendy has also been invited to the live recording of the show on November 22 in Manchester.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 8 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 9 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 10 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
The Channel 5 documentary, 'Jane and Friends' airs this December, just in time for Christmas.