St Albans hero visited by TV crew
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans community hero was surprised by a TV crew appearing at her work.
Wendy Seabrook, who works on the Elizabeth Arden counter in the St Peter's Street branch of Boots, was greeted by a Channel 5 film crew along with singer and presenter, Jane McDonald.
The celebrity had been told all about Wendy's dedication to her local community, including the £80,000 she has raised over the last 25 years through various charitable beauty events.
Family and friends waited outside the St Albans Boots store with the film crew, anticipating seeing Wendy's reaction.
Wendy said: "It was such a surprise. I couldn't believe all of my family were waiting for me along with Jane too."
You may also want to watch:
Jane joined Wendy on the Elizabeth Arden counter and Wendy said she had the best time.
Wendy has also been invited to the live recording of the show on November 22 in Manchester.
- 1 Injunction served on Redbourn site to prevent any development
- 2 Hundreds of trees felled on Green Belt site 'to make way for travellers camp'
- 3 PTA gifts a bear to more than 300 pupils to commemorate return to school
- 4 'Out of touch' government demands more houses in St Albans
- 5 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 6 Man assaulted in 'unprovoked attack in broad daylight' in St Albans
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire village of Knebworth
- 8 What's happening with district's vaccine supplies? St Albans MP is seeking answers
- 9 Which areas of St Albans district have seen the most people vaccinated?
- 10 Man in his 40s dies after crash between bus and car
The Channel 5 documentary, 'Jane and Friends' airs this December, just in time for Christmas.