St Albans hero visited by TV crew
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans community hero was surprised by a TV crew appearing at her work.
Wendy Seabrook, who works on the Elizabeth Arden counter in the St Peter's Street branch of Boots, was greeted by a Channel 5 film crew along with singer and presenter, Jane McDonald.
The celebrity had been told all about Wendy's dedication to her local community, including the £80,000 she has raised over the last 25 years through various charitable beauty events.
Family and friends waited outside the St Albans Boots store with the film crew, anticipating seeing Wendy's reaction.
Wendy said: "It was such a surprise. I couldn't believe all of my family were waiting for me along with Jane too."
You may also want to watch:
Jane joined Wendy on the Elizabeth Arden counter and Wendy said she had the best time.
Wendy has also been invited to the live recording of the show on November 22 in Manchester.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
The Channel 5 documentary, 'Jane and Friends' airs this December, just in time for Christmas.