St Albans woman left bald but proud after charity head shave
- Credit: Archant
No-one is wishing that the weather gets warmer than Sam Jacobs after having her head shaved for charity.
Sam, 50, decided to part company with her tresses to raise money for Mind in Mid Herts which helped her get back on her feet after a breakdown.
She had plenty of support when she went along to Vanilla Hair Studio in Borehamwood and hairdresser Taz gave everyone a go with the razor including Sam’s mum who had come up from Bristol to witness the event.
Sam was a successful sales director working in the City of London but after years of ever-increasing corporate demands, the intensity of such a high-pressured environment grew too much.
She suffered a breakdown in 2003 and after many years of all guises of therapy she finally found long-term support from Mind in Mid Herts.
The charity, which has a centre in St Albans, helped Sam to get back on her feet through constant support and an understanding of the triggers that could cause her to collapse.
Mind has been there when she has had a relapse and Sam said: “This level of understanding has been invaluable and has been a real help toward keeping me stable.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead