St Albans woman left bald but proud after charity head shave
- Credit: Archant
No-one is wishing that the weather gets warmer than Sam Jacobs after having her head shaved for charity.
Sam, 50, decided to part company with her tresses to raise money for Mind in Mid Herts which helped her get back on her feet after a breakdown.
She had plenty of support when she went along to Vanilla Hair Studio in Borehamwood and hairdresser Taz gave everyone a go with the razor including Sam’s mum who had come up from Bristol to witness the event.
Sam was a successful sales director working in the City of London but after years of ever-increasing corporate demands, the intensity of such a high-pressured environment grew too much.
She suffered a breakdown in 2003 and after many years of all guises of therapy she finally found long-term support from Mind in Mid Herts.
You may also want to watch:
The charity, which has a centre in St Albans, helped Sam to get back on her feet through constant support and an understanding of the triggers that could cause her to collapse.
Mind has been there when she has had a relapse and Sam said: “This level of understanding has been invaluable and has been a real help toward keeping me stable.”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant