Cheers! Raising a glass to success of St Albans whisky festival
- Credit: Archant
The sweltering heat didn’t dampen enthusiasm for a summer whisky festival at a St Albans pub last weekend.
The Summerton Club event, which was held in The Lower Red Lion Pub in Fishpool Street, welcomed both locals and visitors from further afield to sample more than 60 different varieties of whiskies.
The drinks were sourced from distilleries in the UK and from around the world, as well from St Albans' own Black Bridge distillery.
As well as sampling the drinks, the festival boasted a masterclass on whisky production, as well as numerous exclusive bottlings.
Organiser Dan Humphrey, who originally came from St Albans, said: 'We're very pleased with the feedback from our first whisky festival in the city. The event was lively with a great atmosphere to match the amazing whiskies on offer.
You may also want to watch:
"We're already looking at dates for another whisky festival in the town in 2020."
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 7 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Allowance cuts for top councillors rejected by members