Cheers! Raising a glass to success of St Albans whisky festival
- Credit: Archant
The sweltering heat didn’t dampen enthusiasm for a summer whisky festival at a St Albans pub last weekend.
The Summerton Club event, which was held in The Lower Red Lion Pub in Fishpool Street, welcomed both locals and visitors from further afield to sample more than 60 different varieties of whiskies.
The drinks were sourced from distilleries in the UK and from around the world, as well from St Albans' own Black Bridge distillery.
As well as sampling the drinks, the festival boasted a masterclass on whisky production, as well as numerous exclusive bottlings.
Organiser Dan Humphrey, who originally came from St Albans, said: 'We're very pleased with the feedback from our first whisky festival in the city. The event was lively with a great atmosphere to match the amazing whiskies on offer.
You may also want to watch:
"We're already looking at dates for another whisky festival in the town in 2020."
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Green light given to new hospital project
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 10 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire