St Albans leisure centre shortlisted for industry award
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans leisure centre has been shortlisted for an industry award.
Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre is in the running for Local Authority Gym of The Year in the National Fitness Awards 2019.
This award recognises facilities that are at the heart of the community and offer a wide range of services for all members.
The centre is operated by Everyone Active in partnership with St Albans City and District Council.
Portfolio holder for sport and culture at the district council, Cllr Anthony Rowlands, said: "We are very proud of the diverse offering for local people of all ages and abilities. It is a leisure centre of the highest quality with a wide range of attractions."
You may also want to watch:
Everyone Active general manager Lesley Garner added: "I'm so pleased to reach the final stage of this awards category which we know is hotly contested and highly competitive."
Westminster Lodge will be visited by one of the judges next month and the winners will be announced at a ceremony on November 29.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 9 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 10 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council