St Albans Westminster Lodge leisure centre celebrates more than two million visitors
- Credit: picture supplied
A popular city leisure centre has celebrating welcoming more than two million visitors since opening over two and a half years ago.
Westminster Lodge in Holywell Hill, St Albans, has awarded lucky Sarah Dickinson and her family – whose visit topped the two million mark – with an annual family membership.
They have also been given two full memberships for Verulamium Spa and Sarah’s children Paris and Ashlee-Paige were awarded a year’s worth of swimming lessons.
Sarah said: “We’re over the moon and have never won such a generous prize!”
General manager Lesley Garner, said: “Welcoming our two millionth visitor pays testament to the fact that we are committed to providing the best facilities and service possible for our customers.
You may also want to watch:
“We have received great feedback from our members and we are delighted that in May alone over 90,000 members visited the centre.
“With the centre’s popularity we are hoping to reach 1,000,000 visits per year.”
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 9 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
St Albans council’s leisure portfolio holder, Cllr Annie Brewster, said: “We never anticipated the centre’s figures to reach the figures they have so quickly.
“This is an impressive milestone and shows the popularity of our flagship sport and leisure facility.”