St Albans Westminster Lodge leisure centre celebrates more than two million visitors
- Credit: picture supplied
A popular city leisure centre has celebrating welcoming more than two million visitors since opening over two and a half years ago.
Westminster Lodge in Holywell Hill, St Albans, has awarded lucky Sarah Dickinson and her family – whose visit topped the two million mark – with an annual family membership.
They have also been given two full memberships for Verulamium Spa and Sarah’s children Paris and Ashlee-Paige were awarded a year’s worth of swimming lessons.
Sarah said: “We’re over the moon and have never won such a generous prize!”
General manager Lesley Garner, said: “Welcoming our two millionth visitor pays testament to the fact that we are committed to providing the best facilities and service possible for our customers.
“We have received great feedback from our members and we are delighted that in May alone over 90,000 members visited the centre.
“With the centre’s popularity we are hoping to reach 1,000,000 visits per year.”
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 7 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
St Albans council’s leisure portfolio holder, Cllr Annie Brewster, said: “We never anticipated the centre’s figures to reach the figures they have so quickly.
“This is an impressive milestone and shows the popularity of our flagship sport and leisure facility.”