St Albans Welsh society St David's Day delight
A Welsh society in St Albans celebrated St David s Day in style last week with a slap-up dinner and traditional music. The St Albans Welsh Society held its 30th anniversary St David s Day dinner at The Thistle Hotel in St Albans, attracting nearly 70 mem
A Welsh society in St Albans celebrated St David's Day in style last week with a slap-up dinner and traditional music.
The St Albans Welsh Society held its 30th anniversary St David's Day dinner at The Thistle Hotel in St Albans, attracting nearly 70 members of St Albans's Welsh community.
After enjoying the dinner, guests were entertained by actor Philip Madoc of The Last of the Mohicans fame, who read from the works of Dylan Thomas before handing centre stage over to folk singer John Breeze.
Geraint John, who has been a member of the society ever since it was first set up, said that the St Albans Welsh Society, or Cymdeithas Gymraeg St Albans to give it its Welsh name, held an anniversary dinner every year.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "It was an exceptional evening and I think that our folk singer went down particularly well. We also had one of our guests Alun Hopkins giving a humorous narrative about the Welsh flag which made us all laugh.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 5 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match