St Albans Welsh society St David's Day delight
A Welsh society in St Albans celebrated St David s Day in style last week with a slap-up dinner and traditional music. The St Albans Welsh Society held its 30th anniversary St David s Day dinner at The Thistle Hotel in St Albans, attracting nearly 70 mem
A Welsh society in St Albans celebrated St David's Day in style last week with a slap-up dinner and traditional music.
The St Albans Welsh Society held its 30th anniversary St David's Day dinner at The Thistle Hotel in St Albans, attracting nearly 70 members of St Albans's Welsh community.
After enjoying the dinner, guests were entertained by actor Philip Madoc of The Last of the Mohicans fame, who read from the works of Dylan Thomas before handing centre stage over to folk singer John Breeze.
Geraint John, who has been a member of the society ever since it was first set up, said that the St Albans Welsh Society, or Cymdeithas Gymraeg St Albans to give it its Welsh name, held an anniversary dinner every year.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "It was an exceptional evening and I think that our folk singer went down particularly well. We also had one of our guests Alun Hopkins giving a humorous narrative about the Welsh flag which made us all laugh.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 10 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson