St Albans web developer shortlisted for .net awards
ST Albans web developer Matt Gifford has been shortlisted in the Web Developer of the Year category in this year’s .net Awards.
Now in their 13th year, the annual awards are are a celebration of the best in design and development organised by leadingindustry magazine .net.
Matt, 32, who works as a consultant for St Albans business Gorilla Works, was nominated for his development abilities as well as being recognised for his work mentoring up-and-coming professionals.
He recently established the Hertfordshire Adobe User Group, a network for design, web and software development and creative professionals in the region officially supported by software giant Adobe,
Matt said: “I was very flattered to be nominated, but then to find myself in the final three is amazing. It’s great that it is not only designers and developers in the major cities or with the big agencies that are noticed.
You may also want to watch:
“There is an incredible amount of talent locally, with a lot of innovative work coming out of Hertfordshire. The university is producing a gifted next generation which adds to that. It’s exciting to come from such a professionally vibrant part of the country.”
The winners in each category will be selected from the shortlist of three by a panel of industry leaders, with the results announced at an awards evening in London on November 24.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 10 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts