St Albans web developer shortlisted for .net awards
ST Albans web developer Matt Gifford has been shortlisted in the Web Developer of the Year category in this year’s .net Awards.
Now in their 13th year, the annual awards are are a celebration of the best in design and development organised by leadingindustry magazine .net.
Matt, 32, who works as a consultant for St Albans business Gorilla Works, was nominated for his development abilities as well as being recognised for his work mentoring up-and-coming professionals.
He recently established the Hertfordshire Adobe User Group, a network for design, web and software development and creative professionals in the region officially supported by software giant Adobe,
Matt said: “I was very flattered to be nominated, but then to find myself in the final three is amazing. It’s great that it is not only designers and developers in the major cities or with the big agencies that are noticed.
You may also want to watch:
“There is an incredible amount of talent locally, with a lot of innovative work coming out of Hertfordshire. The university is producing a gifted next generation which adds to that. It’s exciting to come from such a professionally vibrant part of the country.”
The winners in each category will be selected from the shortlist of three by a panel of industry leaders, with the results announced at an awards evening in London on November 24.
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 3 Police seek cyclist after city centre assault
- 4 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 5 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 6 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 7 How many candidates are standing for county council?
- 8 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 9 Swimming's coming home for Harpenden as club return to refurbished base
- 10 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?