Temporary bus service to run to St Albans City Hospital due to roadworks
- Credit: Archant
A shuttle bus will be running in St Albans to help residents get to the city’s hospital during roadworks which are set to continue for 12 days.
Waverley Road will be closed between Ladies Grove and Langley Crescent from today to Friday, August 30, while roadworks are carried out as part of the Matthew Homes development.
The shuttle bus will stop at stop 12 in St Peter's Street and stop A at the hospital, as the 301 and 653 buses that normally stop at the hospital will have to be diverted.
The roadworks will involve connecting the new homes development to mains drainage and resurfacing the road. During the works Waverley Road will be closed with a signed diversion route in place.
Councillor Derrick Ashley, cabinet member for growth, infrastructure, planning and the economy at Herts County Council, said: "It's important to us that people can get to and from St Albans City Hospital by public transport, and that's why we've made sure this shuttle bus is running while the normal buses are diverted.
You may also want to watch:
"I know it's not ideal, but I hope people will bear with us while the roadworks take place.
"It's important that new developments are accompanied by improvements to our transport network, as otherwise pressure on our roads will only increase.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 7 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 8 A New York state of mind
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
"We've timed the work to take place during the school summer holidays when traffic is lighter to help keep disruption to a minimum."
Details of the shuttle bus timetable and route are available at intalink.org.uk/routes/2868/.