St Albans waste collections on track after snowfall
WASTE and recycling collections across the St Albans district suffered minimal disruption following the weekend snowfall.
Only nine locations and roads proved to be inaccessible on Monday due to the ice and snow. The crews returned to these locations the following day to collect the refuse and the recyclables missed the previous day.
There are now no outstanding collections and the crews are working on scheduled collections as normal.
Councillor Julian Daly, Executive Leader for St Albans District Council, said: “Every effort has been made to keep the Council’s refuse and recycling service going. Our waste management team and the crews working for our waste contactor Enterprise are to be congratulated for their hard work, in what are icy and dangerous conditions.”
The Council says it aims to help avoid rubbish piling up in the streets during prolonged periods of snow and ice.
If the disruption lasts one to two days, a catch up policy is operated, with collections rolling on one day until they are completed. Any roads that are missed are posted online at: http://www.stalbans.gov.uk/wasteandrecycling
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 5 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 6 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 9 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus