St Albans volunteering group celebrates 40th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans volunteering group has celebrated its 40th anniversary with a relaunch.
CVS St Albans, which helps more than 900 people a year get into volunteering, has been renamed Community Central.
The team said: “We have always been the local charity which brings together charities, social enterprises, businesses and the public to energise and strengthen the community.
“As the district’s foremost community charity, we are here for anyone who wants to contribute to a more caring and vibrant community.”
The charity runs the volunteer centre at the district council offices, and helped other charities win £400,000 in grants.
You may also want to watch:
Community Central is launching its #CountMeIn campaign on its @CCstalbans Twitter and Facebook account to encourage people to get involved.
To find out more contact 01727 814644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?