Thousands brave the rain for Verulamium Park fireworks display in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The ‘magnificent’ St Albans Cathedral Fireworks Spectacular was held over the weekend – with thousands of people attending despite the wet weather.
The fireworks display was held in Verulamium Park on Saturday, and the money raised was divided between the Hospice of St Francis and Youth Talk St Albans.
In the 25 years the display has been running it has raised more than £750,000 for local charities.
Rev'd Abi Thompson, the sub dean of St Albans Cathedral, said: "The fireworks were magnificent, despite the rain, and it was great to be able to facilitate such a wonderful event for all ages once again.
"Most important of all is the opportunity to support local charities working so tirelessly with members of our community."
You may also want to watch:
The event was sponsored by solicitors Debenhams Ottaway, and supported by volunteers from St Albans District Explorer Scouts.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 7 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty