Thousands brave the rain for Verulamium Park fireworks display in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The ‘magnificent’ St Albans Cathedral Fireworks Spectacular was held over the weekend – with thousands of people attending despite the wet weather.
The fireworks display was held in Verulamium Park on Saturday, and the money raised was divided between the Hospice of St Francis and Youth Talk St Albans.
In the 25 years the display has been running it has raised more than £750,000 for local charities.
Rev'd Abi Thompson, the sub dean of St Albans Cathedral, said: "The fireworks were magnificent, despite the rain, and it was great to be able to facilitate such a wonderful event for all ages once again.
"Most important of all is the opportunity to support local charities working so tirelessly with members of our community."
You may also want to watch:
The event was sponsored by solicitors Debenhams Ottaway, and supported by volunteers from St Albans District Explorer Scouts.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 7 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping