Thousands brave the rain for Verulamium Park fireworks display in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The ‘magnificent’ St Albans Cathedral Fireworks Spectacular was held over the weekend – with thousands of people attending despite the wet weather.
The fireworks display was held in Verulamium Park on Saturday, and the money raised was divided between the Hospice of St Francis and Youth Talk St Albans.
In the 25 years the display has been running it has raised more than £750,000 for local charities.
Rev'd Abi Thompson, the sub dean of St Albans Cathedral, said: "The fireworks were magnificent, despite the rain, and it was great to be able to facilitate such a wonderful event for all ages once again.
"Most important of all is the opportunity to support local charities working so tirelessly with members of our community."
You may also want to watch:
The event was sponsored by solicitors Debenhams Ottaway, and supported by volunteers from St Albans District Explorer Scouts.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area