St Albans ukulele group host annual Christmas sing-a-long
- Credit: Archant
An annual Christmas sing-a-long hosted by a ukulele group is set to take place at the weekend.
The St Albans-based Ver Players will set up at the Hare and Hounds pub in Sopwell Lane, at 7pm this Sunday (11) to sing a range of seasonal songs.
They will also take to the Courtyard Café in Hatfield Road at noon on December 17, to perform some Chrismas carol favourites.
This will be the fifth year of Christmas celebrations in St Albans for the group, which was first formed in 2012.
More than 70 people are members of the ukulele group, who meet up every fortnight to sing and play.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, or to go along, visit: www.verplayers.org.uk
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 7 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 10 Prove you’ve had vaccine, say a third of St Albans office workers