Reduced train services from St Albans and Radlett tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
There will be a reduced Thameslink train service from both St Albans City and Radlett stations tomorrow (Monday) as Network Rail engineers have been unable to completely fix damage to overhead wires.
Rail operator Govia Thameslink says the services which operate between St Albans City and Sutton will operate between London Blackfriars and Sutton from the start of service. Additional stops will be put on other services where possible to cover service gaps created.
One out of the two, Luton to Rainham services per hour will be run fast between Luton and London St Pancras.
Services between Bedford and St Pancras are running a full service, but may be subject to delay due to only one line in each direction being available for Thameslink trains.
The amendments will be put in the system overnight so passengers are strongly advised to check journey planners prior to travelling tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
A block of all lines will then take place at 11pm tomorrow, so further repairs can be carried out.
Due to the repairs not being completed, there will also be no trains in operation between London St Pancras International and Elstree and Borehamwood after 8pm tonight (Sunday). A significantly reduced service will be in operation between Elstree and Bedford after this time also.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 3 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 6 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 7 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 10 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
Passengers are strongly advised to travel before this time.