St Albans town hall could get 9.5m advertising display
- Credit: citizenside.com
The front of St Albans town hall could host a 9.5m-high advertising display under new council plans.
A planning application has been submitted for a display onto which would be projected images of popular St Albans features.
These could include the city’s Roman heritage, the War of the Roses, the Ryder Cup, and Eric Morecambe.
Council portfolio holder for leisure services, Cllr Annie Brewster said: “We are looking at the possibility of artistically projecting some of our famous St Albans stories on the front of the building during the construction phase of the city’s new museum and art gallery.
“We could potentially feature a different story on the hour which could become quite an attraction.”
You may also want to watch:
The display is only intended to be temporary while work on converting the building into a museum and gallery is completed.
Images would be beamed from a projector in front of the hall, with the facade of the Grade II-listed building being visible beneath the image.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly