St Albans Tourist Information Centre (TIC) to move to theatre
- Credit: Archant
The Tourist Information Centre (TIC) will be moving to a theatre next week to make room for work on the new museum.
The St Albans TIC, currently based in the Town Hall, will be closing on Thursday (24) and re-opening in the Alban Arena on April 4.
The move comes as work on the £7.75 million museum and art gallery is set to begin.
The centre will also be renamed the Visitors Information Centre (VIC) to reflect its purpose as an aid to both residents and tourists.
It will be in the large entrance lobby of the Alban Arena and the opening hours will be unchanged (Monday-Saturday 10am-4.30pm).
You may also want to watch:
The Town Hall is due to reopen as a museum and art gallery in the autumn of 2017 and the VIC will be returning to the building around that time.
Cllr Beric Read, St Albans council’s portfolio holder for community engagement and location, said: “The Town Hall has served as an outstanding location for the TIC for many years now.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
“It is being put out of action for the next 18 months while it is redeveloped into what will be a magnificent new museum and gallery. There was no choice but to move the Information Centre while that happened.”