St Albans tourist information centre shutting during summer holidays
- Credit: citizenside.com
The main information point for tourists visiting St Albans will be shut for refurbishment next week.
The Visitor Information Centre, based in the Alban Arena, will be shut from Monday, August 14 to Sunday, August 20.
The councillor responsible for tourism in the district, Annie Brewster, said: “August is a quiet month for major events at the Arena and it was felt on balance that this was the best time to schedule the essential maintenance work.
“That we are providing an information point at a city centre site right next door means there should not be too much disruption to the service.”
Tourists will instead be directed to St Albans council’s offices, the Enjoy St Albans website, and tourist landmarks such as the cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
The centre was formerly based in the town hall, and should return after construction work on the hall is complete.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 May 17th: Fighting Cocks landlord overjoyed to welcome customers back
- 3 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 4 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 5 St Albans' Caribbean community launches volcano relief fundraising campaign
- 6 Sustainable markets will top and tail annual St Albans eco-festival
- 7 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 8 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 9 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 10 Ver Valley walking group returns to enjoy the spring countryside