St Albans tourist information centre shutting during summer holidays
- Credit: citizenside.com
The main information point for tourists visiting St Albans will be shut for refurbishment next week.
The Visitor Information Centre, based in the Alban Arena, will be shut from Monday, August 14 to Sunday, August 20.
The councillor responsible for tourism in the district, Annie Brewster, said: “August is a quiet month for major events at the Arena and it was felt on balance that this was the best time to schedule the essential maintenance work.
“That we are providing an information point at a city centre site right next door means there should not be too much disruption to the service.”
Tourists will instead be directed to St Albans council’s offices, the Enjoy St Albans website, and tourist landmarks such as the cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
The centre was formerly based in the town hall, and should return after construction work on the hall is complete.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 8 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield