St Albans tourist information centre shutting during summer holidays
- Credit: citizenside.com
The main information point for tourists visiting St Albans will be shut for refurbishment next week.
The Visitor Information Centre, based in the Alban Arena, will be shut from Monday, August 14 to Sunday, August 20.
The councillor responsible for tourism in the district, Annie Brewster, said: “August is a quiet month for major events at the Arena and it was felt on balance that this was the best time to schedule the essential maintenance work.
“That we are providing an information point at a city centre site right next door means there should not be too much disruption to the service.”
Tourists will instead be directed to St Albans council’s offices, the Enjoy St Albans website, and tourist landmarks such as the cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
The centre was formerly based in the town hall, and should return after construction work on the hall is complete.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 8 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area