St Albans to feature in Herts Big Weekend: tickets available now
- Credit: Archant
A host of activities and attractions will be taking place across the county for Herts Big Weekend, with St Albans Cathedral offering special gifts to ticket holders.
The Big Weekend is being held county-wide on Saturday, April 1 and Sunday, April 2.
To be in with a chance to win tickets, residents must register at www.hertsbigweekend.co.uk by Friday, March 3.
The ticket gives residents a free pass to go behind the scenes of the Harry Potter films, to ride the rapids at the Lee Valley White Water Centre, see the animals at Paradise Wildlife Park or explore Hertfordshire’s history at Knebworth House.
Several attractions across the county, including St Albans Cathedral, will be opening their doors or offering special gifts as part of Visit Herts’ annual celebration of the tourism industry.
Two tickets will be allocated per household to winners by random ballot, with some family tickets available. Extra tickets have also been donated to the Family Holiday Association charity, which helps struggling families enjoy a free day out.
You may also want to watch:
Visit Herts head of marketing Sinead Hanna said: “The Big Weekend marks the beginning of the tourist season and is a fantastic way to celebrate all that is on offer in Hertfordshire.
“We want people who live here, who are our biggest advocates, to have the chance to discover something new – and for free.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 3 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 6 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 7 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 8 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 10 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
“Thanks to the generosity of the attractions and organisations that are taking part we’re looking forward to a truly incredible Big Weekend, with a total of 2,400 tickets donated.”