St Albans to feature in Herts Big Weekend: tickets available now
- Credit: Archant
A host of activities and attractions will be taking place across the county for Herts Big Weekend, with St Albans Cathedral offering special gifts to ticket holders.
The Big Weekend is being held county-wide on Saturday, April 1 and Sunday, April 2.
To be in with a chance to win tickets, residents must register at www.hertsbigweekend.co.uk by Friday, March 3.
The ticket gives residents a free pass to go behind the scenes of the Harry Potter films, to ride the rapids at the Lee Valley White Water Centre, see the animals at Paradise Wildlife Park or explore Hertfordshire’s history at Knebworth House.
Several attractions across the county, including St Albans Cathedral, will be opening their doors or offering special gifts as part of Visit Herts’ annual celebration of the tourism industry.
Two tickets will be allocated per household to winners by random ballot, with some family tickets available. Extra tickets have also been donated to the Family Holiday Association charity, which helps struggling families enjoy a free day out.
Visit Herts head of marketing Sinead Hanna said: “The Big Weekend marks the beginning of the tourist season and is a fantastic way to celebrate all that is on offer in Hertfordshire.
“We want people who live here, who are our biggest advocates, to have the chance to discover something new – and for free.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 4 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 5 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 6 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 9 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 10 St Albans named among UK's best places for Christmas activities
“Thanks to the generosity of the attractions and organisations that are taking part we’re looking forward to a truly incredible Big Weekend, with a total of 2,400 tickets donated.”